Tuesday 12 October 2010

Tomatoes: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Tomatoes: One of my all time favourite ingredients. So sweet and succulent. Dont you agree? I know you do.
So tonight whilst I was shopping for tonight's dinner, I struck across the tomato section and it got me to thinking about a tomato winner and tomato loser...

Loser: The Standard Salad Tomato:
It may be okay on a pizza, combined with a base of a recipe, in a soup but on its own? No, no, no. When it comes to tomatoes I prefer a sweet taste, when it hits the back of your mouth and you taste the pips. That's my kind of tomato!



Winner: Sugardrop Tomato:
To be honest, there's nothing quite like them. Mix them in with an olive oil, pesto and parmesan spaghetti and you have one hell of a delicious, quick and easy dinner. Try it out and let me know!


Any other opinions? What are your favourites? Drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment