Friday 1 October 2010

Creme Brulee - The Cheater's Way

After a long day at work I know that many people would rather put their feet up and watch the latest trashy American TV show than slave over a hot stove all night.
The thought of the hard work is often dreaded as much as going to work in the morning. As for me, I am always in the mood for cooking, I find it relaxing and seeing the end product after a lot of hard work = sheer satisfaction.
So every now and then on here I am going to drop in a little cheater's guide - just to treat you!
Are you a fan of Creme Brulee? If you haven't tried it, trust me you are and after trying this, you will be.
Just the other day I was walking around Sainsbury's grabbing some ingredients for a recipe when I discovered this:

I know from talking to friends and family that often people make the effort to cook the main course from scratch, but when it comes to dessert, grabbing it from the packet is so much easier. Now, I am not going to say I always approve of the packet-approach, but I know it can often be soooo easy and can also taste soooo good.
So why not pop along to your local Sainsbury's and pick up these 2 pots of Vanilla Creme Brulee? They are so unbelievably easy to cook in the grill and taste surprisingly good.
So just for tonight, pop the blow-torch away and wack on the grill instead: Tomorrow, back to the from-scratch method! I'll allow you to cheat - just this time!
'Till later. x

No comments:

Post a Comment