Monday 18 October 2010

Super Spicy Relish

When it comes to heat ... I like it hot. I'm a big fan of curry and in terms of heat: 'the hotter the better.'

Now my family do not always agree with me on this one which = more for me.

Tonight I am whipping up a super spicy relish which I can enjoy now and for Christmas when my close friends drop round for Boxing day celebrations.

Ingredients:
1. 900g of skinned tomatoes.
2. 400g of onions (preferably red) chopped.
3. 4 red peppers, chopped.
4. 4 fresh chillies, seeded (or leave some if you want the spice) and chopped a lot.
5. 200g sugar.
6. 220ml of red wine vinegar.
7. 35ml mustard seeds.
8. 8ml celery salt.
9. 15ml paprika.
10. 5ml of cumin.
11.. 1 tablespoon of salt.

Recipe:
1. To begin, put the chopped tomatoes, onions, peppers and finely cut chillies in a pan. Pop on the hob and cook for around 15 minutes with a lid on. Keep the heat low and stir a few times.


2. Pop in the sugar and vinegar and bring up to the boil. Stir again occasionally. Add the mustard seeds, celery salt, paprika, cumin and all the salt. Stir it up well.
3. Wack up that heat and continue to cook for around 40 minutes, or until most of it has evaporated. Keep stirring. Do not let it stick.
4. Spoon it into your pre-sterilized jars, cover it up and seal. Leave in a cool area for 16 days.
5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment