Wednesday 24 November 2010

Food on the Face

Now I don't know if you have realised, but I'm quite partial to food. Yes, yes I know, no great shocker there. And beauty products? Well they're one of my loves too.

So when I was recently chatting to a friend, she dropped something in to my mind which I just could not ignore:

Food on the face. Alright, that's not the actual name, but is what I now refer to it as. You know what I mean: beauty products containing food products. You have all heard of the age-old cucumber on the eyes approach or tea-bags to reduce puffiness. Now I have tried the cucumber trick. Soothing and cooling, yes. But beneficial? Well that is doubtful.

So my friend mentioned that it was worth having a look at products from Lush.

Yes, you know the store which literally makes every high-street smell like soap. Whenever I'm in there the only thing I can every think about is: 'how on earth do people work with this smell?' Well thankfully they do, and they also provide us with food-based products for every skin, hair and body need too.

So pop up the heating, have a bath, create my perfect hot chololate from bonfire night and have a go with some of my favourites:

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

No no no, not for eating. But cupcake in a jar? Now that sounds good. This one is perfect for a deep, deep cleanse to really clear out those pores and remove all of those impurities.

The Sacred Truth:

This energising mask is perfect for tired, wintered skin. And lets be honst who doesn't have that right now? This one contains ginseng and green tea. Wonderfully weird!

Trichomania Shampoo:




This solid shampoo is great on dry hair. Known to condition 'parched hair' it is the remedy for split ends and heat-treated locks.

Now, I did promise you glamorous food - and I keep m promises!

Till tomorrow. 

All photos from Lush

No comments:

Post a Comment