Friday 24 September 2010

Autumn Flavours

In September, certain foods are at their absolute best, and one of these is blackberries.
Just the other day I was walking through the country in a desperate search for blackberries - but I was far too early and left with enough to not even constitute one of my 'five-a-day.'
But now they are everywhere, you drive through the country lanes and there they are just screaming to be picked.



So tonight I have decided to create a summer crumble. Having never been a fan of cooked apples, I leave them out and instead use all of the fruits that are currently in season.

Such foods include figs, blueberries and pears. Could there be anything more perfect than combining these together to create a wonderful, fresh dessert? Blueberries have to be one of my favourite fruits, they are just so versatile. You can throw them on your porridge in the morning, make an easy-peasy snack, create a lovely jam or will combine wonderfully for my delightfiul crumble for dinner.
As for the main? I am still undecided - still looking for some kind of inspiration - or perhaps a phone call, with a request from a family member.

I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment