Wednesday 1 December 2010

Warm Your Cockles

Has England ever been this cold?

I think the answer to that is: NO.

It's just a killer at the moment - if you walk far your chest hurts from the ice cold wind, your legs are rubbing against your jeans and are bright red when you take them off and your nose feels like it's falling off.

So here I am to warm you up and keep you toasty - just for tonight.

What's better on a cold evening that a red hot chilli? Nothing I hear you say - I agree I respond.




It hits the spot every time. Here's a few of my little Chilli tips:

1. Add a dash of tobasco for added heat.
2. Red peppers sliced thinly add extra taste.
3. If you don't want them quite so hot roast your chillis first.
4. As the meat is cooking, add a dash of balsamic to glaze.

I can guarantee you that it will warm you up instantly - then snuggle down in front of a fire (if you have one) if not - the radiator and watch The Apprentice - come on, all good people do.

And just before bed time put on your kettle and try this out:


I only recently discovered Tetley's green tea. I have pretty much tried them all and this is definitely one of my favourites. In terms of colour it comes out a little darker than most and in terms of taste, a little stronger. So adjust brewing times accordingly.

Nighty night folk. Keep warm - if you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment