Tuesday 14 December 2010

Thank you, Grandma

Being from an Italian background there is one thing which I just love - the food.

The pasta.

The pizza.

The stuffed bellies.

There is just no end to all of the delicious Italian grub that my Grandma is able to whip up. No need for a recipe or ingredients list, she will crack out a to-die-for feast in a matter of seconds and I can tell you it will taste oh-so-good.

You know the thing with Grannies, whenever they see you they just have to give you something.

It's either money (thank you very much!), it's clothes or it's ... food.

You know it dont you? I am sure you all experience it when you pop back to Grannie's and Grandad's. So just yesterday I was delighted when I met up with my Italian Grannie and she presented me with nothing less than my favourite treat. Ever. Most kids grow up on lollipops and crisps - but I grew up on artichokes. Yes, you read right.


My Grandma stuffs them to your hearts content - think chives, eggs, spring onions and all kinds of herbs. Can you remember when Carrie & Miranda were seen munching on them during Sex & The City? The first movie. You remember dont you? If not, get your ass to HMV and catch up, lady. 

I have eaten two of these in two days. F-e-e-l-i-n-g s-t-u-f-f-e-d. 

No comments:

Post a Comment