Wednesday 8 December 2010

'Tis the Season for Cranberries

I don't know about everybody else but the Christmas season strikes and I just devour anything winter-related that I can find on the supermarket shelves.

These include nuts ... yes I know they are available all year - but when it's Santa's season they just taste so much better dont they? There is nothing quite like cracking out your nut cracker (sorry, pun intended) and sitting across the table with a glass of bubbly and your nuts (pun not intended).

My favourite nuts just have to be walnuts - I guess it's the whole effort of getting them out of the shell that seems so special to me. Oh and not forgetting warm chestnuts. Now that is just so festive isn't it?

On other christmas-related treats, how about the berries which are perfect for this time of year. Yes, I'm talking about cracnberries in particular. I do love a little bit of cranberry puree in the bottom of my prosecco. Or how about trying a cranberry prosecco cocktail? Now that sounds like my kind of cocktail. I'm talking, blend together some fresh cranberries, and mix it up with your prosecco - could there really be anything easier? You can also add a little orange peel and sugar if you feel necessary. I'm thinking - the quicker it gets to me - the better.

Oh and lets not forget about winter's famous citrus fruits? Satsumas are my all time favourite and this time of the year they just come into their element. I don't know quite what it is about oranges - I think they remind me of Christmas morning when they were at the bottom of my stocking.

(Yes, I have already bought the TV Times for Christmas)


Anything else which gets you in the festive mood?

Nighty night. I'm off for a cranberry prosecco cocktail.

3 comments:

  1. I bloody love cranberries. Not so much to eat (unless crushed in a smoothie) but taken by the Body Shop, made into body butter and slathered on my skin at night. Mmmm, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fab in a berry smoothie. Mmm, I love all those pips in a smoothie. Never smelt the cranberry Body Shop butter but I know the coconut one is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S your banner photo on your blog is amaze at the moment!

    ReplyDelete