Wednesday 2 February 2011

Chef's Beauty Advice

I was born (unfortunately) with naturally dry, coarse hair and after much treatment, colouring and straightening, it's fair to say my hair has seen better days.
So just last week I was desperately searching online for an at-home treatment for dry and weakened hair. I was at the point of despair with mixed reviews on hundreds of products, heafty price tags and strange techniques.
Until i stumbled across Kerastase resistance Forcintense. HALLELUJAH I thought - finally an answer? So £34.99 later, the home-remedy was on its way to my doorstep.

I was excited to try this new treatment which comes in an easy-to-use, 2 step treatment with minimal effort needed and maximum results. The product has been produced particularly for 'very weakened hair' which was exactly what the Doctor ordered.
A couple of days later, the product arrived and yesterday I gave it a whirl.
Now I have tried my fair share of hair treatments, all brands, all types and so far I have come across no miracle cures. And unfortunately, I didn't find it here either.
The 2 step process is easy, as promised, however the amount provided is teeny which seems rather unrealistic as it has been produced for particularly dry hair. Which meant I had to use two weeks amounts in just one process which = a lot of £££.
So I wacked the product on and did all the necessary steps. Blow-dried my hair and felt rather underwhelmed. My hair was not sleaky as promised and neather was it any more silky. Perhaps a tiny bit better, but certainly not the amount I paid for it.
So, I was one unhappy chef. Slightly disheartened after the fairly hefty price tag for an at-home treatment, but not completely miserable as I still had a beautiful lemon-drizzle cake to cheer me up.
Other than that, however, Kerastase products are usually life-savers. I have also recently bought one of their conditioning masks (amazaballs) and their Exilir Ultime (I love you).



Wasn't that change refreshing?

'Till next time!

Pics from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment