Monday 10 January 2011

I Have a Confession to Make

Like all people, I love good food. By good food I mean homecooked, well-made, cared for and loved grub which has come straight from somebody's heart into my mouth.

And like a lot of people one of my favourite types of food is fine dining. You know the type, it appears infront of your eyes and the idea of 'fish and chips from the chippy' on the way home pops into your mind. By the end of the meal you are surprised at how full you actually are. You leave minus ridiculous amounts of money and set off home.



Other types of food I love include home-cooked food. The rough-around-the-edges but smells oh-so-good type. Have you seen that Lurpak advert? Well, exactly that.



But I have to make a confession. Even though I am quite the foodie. I do also have a soft spot ... for ... well ... food that isn't necessarily fine dining, or home-cooked but the type of food which you eat in those restaurants that you can be out of in half an hour, tummies full, calories picked.



Aggh. Did I just admit that? To all those cooks that say they don't eat regular food, well firstly you are liars and secondly why the hell not? 'Everything in moderation' as my Mum always says.

Slaving over your cooker every night is literally impossible. Who wants to come home from a long day at work and be sweating over pans every single night of the week? Not me, I hear you say.

So once in a while I will allow you this slight indulgence. Now do not get carried away, I know it tastes good but it's only a once-in-a-while type affair. It's a love 'em and leave 'em type.

Forever yours, Nando's ... The Chef Wore Chanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment