Thursday 31 March 2011

The Most Perfect Italian Pesto and Pumps



The majority of the time, when it comes to cooking I am, as my friends say a 'precision cooker.' That means that I measure, I weigh, I certainly do not estimate.

This is probably a transferal from my super-organized, pain-in-the-ass, have to be on time and everything looking perfect life. Yep that's right, I'm an organised super-freak and dare I say it, am slightly proud of it. It has always served me well. I am certainly never late, I plan everything down to the last detail and in my years I have not once missed so much as a train, plane or bus.

But when it comes to some foods I just throw this all out the window and throw caution to the wind. My Mum is always telling me to 'take a few more risks', 'go on, have a risky, naughty day' she says.

Now I haven't quite gotten that far yet. She advises that one day I leave the house slightly later in the morning, or perhaps one day, pull a fake sickie. But I can proudly say that when it comes to making pesto, I pull it all out of the bag. (Small steps people!)

With some foods, measuring and weighing is just not needed, sometimes it is just better to go with your gut, no not the rumblings, but rather what it is telling you. Too salty? Too spicy? Then fix it in a matter of seconds.

When it comes to my pesto, this is the mantra I like to stick to and so I am passing it over to you. Give it a go.

You simply require a basil plant, olive oil, garlic, and pine nuts. Throw it in a food processor how you see fit and give it a taste. It's pretty liberating. Enjoy.

Meanwhile, I have been searching for the perfect ballet pump for absolute yonks. I wasn't looking to spend a fortune because I like a few colours but wanted them to be, well, just right you know? And I finally found them:


Perfect for running around in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment