Tuesday 19 April 2011

Scared of the Sun with THESE Legs

When the sun came out last week everybody rejoiced, I swear I heard a little delight across the whole of the UK as people ditched the bus and decided to walk instead to work, and finally dug out those last year sandals which we didn't expect to have to use for another couple of months.

But somewhere inside, I felt a little dread and a lot of worry. I was certianly nowhere near summer ready. I was as white as a ghost, nails not quite the perfect colour and winter clothes still being worn. So, I figured, if I was ever going to brace the UK's pavements again, I had better get prepared and get myself ready.

TASK 1: TAN
I'm not much of a sunbed user, I've heard the horror stories and to be honest they have stuck. As for fake-tan I swear I am the only person in the world who it doesn't work on. Think ridiculously dark and streaky and you're thinking about me when I give it a go. So instead, I popped along to trusty Boots and gave this a whirl:

This is St. Tropez's gradual mousse tanner. It slides on like a little dream and a little goes a long way. It gives you that kind of summer-kissed look, not the I've-just-come-home-from-the-sun look which we all want to keep away from.

TASK 2: NAILS
I am a slight nail-obsesser, I'm talking, probably paint them about three times a week. My nail polish collection is utterly ridiculous and I probably haven't seen my bare nails in about 5 years. So when the sun put its hat on it was time for some summer colour baby! This is what I'm talking about:




Yes, I'm talking block orange and bring purple, from my best nail friend, Barry M.

TASK 3: SUMMER CLOTHING
My summer sandals from last year were looking well past their sell-by date and so I thought, there really is no better excuse, to visit the beloved Topshop.


LONG MAY THE SUN SHINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment